A growth mindset is a powerful tool to empower individual to keep improving. The growth mindset quotes act as a reminder that everything is a process. The problem many people face are that they are not sure how to introduce a growth mindset attitude.
We have been researching this topic for a long time. We found that growth mindset quotes are the most effective ways to help people adopt a positive attitude towards challenges.
What is a growth mindset?
You may have heard people say “I cannot do this, what is the point of doing this? I am not good enough”. These words and sentences explain what they feel about certain tasks. It can be school, sports, or even their emotions in general.
These beliefs are so important because they determine our behaviour. Our mindset can shape our everyday lives and our future opportunities. Some children can come back from a failure quite fast. In fact, they will investigate ways to do it better the next time.
Individual’s ability to believe in themselves and find ways to achieve their goal is known as a ‘growth mindset’. Having a growth mindset attitude can help them be more resilient and enable them to face challenges with confidence.
What do you think a growth mindset mean?
Breakdown the 2 words. Growth means to develop and evolve. For example, plants grow by watering it, animals and people grow through daily nurturing.
The same way with our brains. It can grow too. And that is through our MINDSET. Our mindset can investigate the same problem in two different ways. The negative way is to look at it and believe there is no solution to a problem.
Whereas, the positive mindset will find opportunities for improvements or solution. A growth mindset is when we believe in the power of our brains and its abilities to achieve our goals. By not giving up and practice we can solve any problem that is out there.
Here is a list of 101 Growth Mindset Quotes:
Growth mindset quotes by celebrities and famous people:
1. “I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ― Thomas A. Edison
2. Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance. Samuel Johnson
3. I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Do not quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.’ – Muhammad Ali
4. “I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that will not work.” ― Thomas A. Edison
5. “Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.” ― Lance Armstrong Sally Jenkins,
6. Do not tell me how talented you are. Tell me how hard you work. Artur Rubenstein
7. Dreams do not work unless you do. John C. Maxwell
8. Effort is grossly underrated. – Gary Vaynerchuk
9. It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop. Confucius
10. “Life is growth. If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead.” ―Morihei Ueshiba
11. “Personal development is a major time-saver. The better you become, the less time it takes you to achieve your goals.” ―Brian Tracy
Growth Mindset Quotes for Sports:
12. Winning does not always mean being first. Winning means you are doing better than you have ever done before. – Bonnie Blair
13. Without passion, you will not do something 100 percent. That is the bottom line. – Apolo Ohno
14. To win, you have to risk loss. – Jean-Claude Killy
15. Are you going to stand or are you going to crumble? In the face of everything, stand still. – Gabby Douglas
16. “Never quit. Never give up.” —Gabby Douglas
17.” Nothing is impossible, with so many people saying it couldn’t be done, all it takes is an imagination.” Micheal Phelps
18. “If you don’t have confidence, you’ll always find a way to not win.” Carl Lewis
19. “I do not run away from a challenge because I am afraid. Instead, I run toward it because the only way to escape fear is to trample it beneath your feet.” — Nadia Comaneci
20. “To uncover your true potential you must first find your own limits, and then you have to have the courage to blow past them.” — Picabo Street
Growth mindset quotes for never giving up:
21. “Never give up your desire to be what you want to be. Stay focused, persistent, and relentless.” ― Debasish Mridha MD
22. “Do not listen to what anybody says except the people who encourage you. If it is what you want to do and it’s within yourself, then keep going and try to do it for the rest of your life.”– Jake Gyllenhaal
23. “Stick around. Do not lose your heart, just keep going, keep at it.”– Mark Ruffalo
24. “Never, never, never give up.”– Winston Churchill
25. “Never give up. You only get one life. Go for it!”– Richard E. Grant
26. “Winners never quit, and quitters never win.”– Vince Lombardi
27. “It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.”– Albert Einstein
28. “Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.”– Harriet Beecher Stowe
29. “I refuse to quit because I haven’t tried all possible ways yet.”
30. “You are a fighter. Look at everything you have overcome. Do not give up now.”– Olivia Benson
Growth Mindset Quotes for Teachers and Students:
31. “Be so good they can’t ignore you.” – Steve Martin
32. “No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, and show up.” – Regina Brett
33. “Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere.” – Chinese Proverb
34. “I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy- I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it.” – Art Williams
35. “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
36. Everything is hard until they become easy
37. I am capable of anything
38. I can do hard things.
39. It’s ok to not know everything, I learn everyday
40. Failure is part of the process to succeed.
41. Positive thinking leads to positive things in life.
42. Becoming smart is a process, not something you are born with.
43. Don’t give up on chances and opportunities now, you never know when you will need them.
44. We can do anything as long as we set our mind to it
45. Do not be afraid to be different, be afraid to never try.
46. Do not underestimate the power of your brains.
47. Appreciate yourself and others will follow
48. An expert was once a beginner
49. It is not a mistake, it’s progress
50. Everything needs time to learn
51. I have not failed, I just started
52. Focus on progress not on the end goal
53. Just keep at it and you will get there
54. Success comes with patience
55. I am a better version of myself today
56. I am in the process of figuring it out
57. I learn by trying new things
58. I focus on progress.
59. I try different things every day until I get it right
60. Practice makes perfect
61. “You are in charge of your mind. You can help it grow by using it in the right way” Carol Dweck
62. “Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of being” John Wooden
63. I am ready to ask for help
64. I can get through anything
65. I will stick with it until I am satisfied with the results
66. I focus on myself and not others
67. Challenges are exciting and I look forward to it.
68. Nothing good in life comes easy
69. I am born to be a learner
70. I will keep learning
71. Self-doubt kills dreams
72. Failure does not define me, progress does
73. It’s ok to not know
74. It’s NOT ok to NOT try
Famous Growth Mindset Quotes:
75. “It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.”– Walt Disney
76. “Nothing is impossible. The word itself says, ‘I’m possible.’”– Audrey Hepbur
77. “What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.”– Kelly Clarkson
78. “You may have to fight a battle more than once in order to win it.”– Margaret Thatcher
79. “The mind is a powerful thing. It can take you through walls.”– Denis Avey
80. “Yesterday I read, today I learn, and tomorrow I lead.”– David Benedict Zumbo
Quotes & Statements for Young Children:
81. Just keep going, do not look back
82. Flower takes time to bloom, so do you
83. Learning is never straight forward, it’s messy and fun
84. Made a mistake today? Great! What can you do better next time?
85. “All things are difficult before they are easy.” Thomas Fuller
86. Do not give up, you are almost there
87. It takes time to find your talent, keep trying and you will find one
88. Talent comes from practice.
89. I do not believe in failure. It is not failure if you enjoyed the process. “Oprah Winfrey
90. Everything starts from you
91. Things will not work unless you put in the effort
92. “It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” E.E. Cummings
93. “Challenges are what make life interesting. Overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine
94. Every path you choose will have obstacles; it is what makes it exciting.
95. Nothing great in life comes easy
96. “It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.” – Albert Einstein
97. Mistake is proof that you are making progress
98. Keep on trying
99. Believe in yourself
100. My superpower lies in my ability to believe in myself
101. I made a mistake, now I will try again.